My name is Sarah Maher. And I’m trapped in the magical land of Foon. But I’m continuing this podcast with Chunt and Usidore.

Sarah: Sarah Maher
Can the Wizard: Arnie Niekamp

Editor: Chris Rathjen
Production Assistance: Garrett Schultz

Stella · January 9, 2017 at 6:13 pm

Uh-oh, Hello From the Magic Tavern may be jumping the shark.

Wasn’t sure if I had accidentally put on “Clueless” instead of Hello From. Fun drinking game – every time Sarah says “like”, “ya know” or “totally”, take a shot.

The saving grace of this episode is the return of Can the Wizard! This may have been a humorless episode, but for him.

And apparently, Usidore can now send people back to Earth.

Eric · January 30, 2017 at 3:43 pm

Read this comment some of the others before listening to the episode, and have to say I disagree. I thought it was a fun change of pace for one episode and Sarah did a great job. I didn’t notice her saying “ya know” or “totally”, or if she did, it wasn’t distracting to me at all.

And yeah it’s pretty silly that Usidore can just teleport her back to Earth by swapping places with Arnie, but it’s improv, so I don’t expect everything to tie together so neatly all the time. When it does, though, it’s amazing.

Overall, thought it was a really fun episode. Glad to see they like to try and change things up every so often.

Tribbles · January 9, 2017 at 7:34 pm

Aww. I like Sarah. She got stuff done. I did want to know why she didn’t comment on Arnie more. Seems like she could do better.

Sam · January 10, 2017 at 11:17 am

yay sa-rah-ma-her!

Adventureless_Hero · January 10, 2017 at 4:27 pm

Can-Tavern post-credit ending was fantastic! Sarah did well with the gang but I think everyone getting along doesn’t work as well as when there is some contention with the host and the co-hosts. Still, I dig this interesting departure from the usual episode. Thank for the laughs y’all!

Stan · January 11, 2017 at 6:54 am

I am really conflicted about this episode. Unto itself it was a really good episode, and there needs to be more Sarah. However, in terms of the on-going show it was really weak.

Basically, sending Sarah back to Earth and returning Arnie, now both with Swiss-cheesed memories of the other world made the episode no better then a mediocre 80’s sitcom. Essentially, nothing has changed to push the larger story forward.

I only bring this up, because the joke of Arnie of being lazy in a fanatical world, or “Usidore’s, *Wizard of the 12th Realm of Ephysiyies, Master of Light and Shadow, Manipulator of Magical Delights, Devourer of Chaos, Champion of the Great Halls of Terr’akkas. The elves know me as Fi’ang Yalok. The dwarves know me as Zoenen Hoogstandjes. And I am also known in the Northeast as Gaismunēnas Meistar.*” procrastination is really starting to get old. At least when Arnie was attempting to get the Lunar Sword there was some mild conflict to create drama.

Sarah was just a breath of fresh air, and the way they ended the story, just seemed to be very tropey.

Marie · January 13, 2017 at 5:56 pm

Mazzy star is a band not a person! The singer’s name is Hope Sandoval and she’s alive and well.

Eleni · January 16, 2017 at 6:10 am

yep! Hope Sandoval collaborated with Massive Attack!
    Check “Paradise Circus” and “Four Walls” 🙂

Crabby · January 14, 2017 at 1:50 pm

Aww, Sarah seemed really sweet! Not sure she’d work well in this podcast though. Good as a one time guest.

Toby · January 15, 2017 at 4:29 pm

I enjoyed the episode. Well done Sarah!

Kathryn · January 16, 2017 at 10:50 am

Sarah was interesting, but the recent episodes have me just feeling increasingly wearied of Arnie being bad at things and Chunt being a jerk. The only jokes I ever remember anymore are Usidore related ones. I know this show has a lot of improv, but I need some character development. Also Sarah being good at everything Arnie is not seems like really low hanging fruit(still liked it, but I really want Arnie to get something right).

DJ KWI$$ · March 23, 2017 at 11:45 am

I lost it when Chunt yelled out “MOTHERFUCK!”… thank gawd I work in a nice quiet cubicle setting with nosy coworkers who want to know what I’m laughing about. HOW DO I EXPLAIN THIS?

Season 2, Ep 31 – Bard, Elf and Fortune Teller (Live from Chicago)

The Tavern is packed with people, including a mysterious bard, DQ the elf and an amateur fortune teller. Also, Usidore conjures images from Arnie’s home: Chicago. Related

Season 2, Ep 30 – Chunt for Red October 3: The Sum of All Rears

Vampires seem to be avoiding Chunt’s annual blood drive, so instead we interview a werewolf. Related

Season 2, Ep 29 – Nymph

A Forest Nymph stops by to help spread the word on Nymph Awareness Month. Also… special note for Rusty: stop listening at about 38 minutes in. Related